Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beachsand wedgy in Underpants with a Marlboro hold up


This was a fun piece, it took me about 8 to 9 hours to complete. I remember when I initially started sketching her. My friend Rob was sitting next to me, and he starts ranting about Paris Hilton. Well, I'm not knocking her game. I think Hilton's really decent looking. I love her glamour, it's hot! Since, we didn't have anything better to talk about, we would occasionally say odd things and mention random events in our lives. Rob and I grew up mostly from mid to highschool. We separated our bond once I committed to studies for college and moved. We were still best friends and have been for four years after. One day I received a call from Rob, he sounded really heartbroken. I was at the time too, we missed working long hours together, creating ideas and stories. We needed a bro'mance! A week later I left my airbrush gig in the mall to visit him in Atlanta where we stayed in this shabby apartment with no furniture. We didn't have beds either, and we slept on wooden floor. It was hard times, but this piece brought back memories. We were messing around with painter for the first time and I was dreaming up old memories of Florida and I began sketching this girl. I remind you Rob was talking about Hilton. I guess it stuck with me and I started drawing this thin woman.
I remember the cigarettes incident, which I called this piece Marlboro girl. For whatever the idea came up, it served as a visual date to my first cigarette experience with Rob. It was a Marlboro light and I was stressing out about jobs and how we were broke, and going to earn more money to furnish the place. I took a good drag from it and tossed it out my broken driver side window.
After I had finished the sketch and started to ink her, Rob comes over to me and says that she looks hot. I decided to test him on his accusations from his earlier opinions of Hilton. Had I not told him beforehand she was Hilton, I wondered what he would had said. I finished painting, he looks over incredulously, "She ain't that hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment