Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Green Box


It's Sunday, Sept 27, I'm holding a green box on my lap. It's for Nathan's birthday. I was prepared to take pictures I thought. I renewed the batteries to my camera.

It was a two hours lapse riding to Rome, Ga in the rain. The weather cleared nicely before reaching the greeting sign that said Welcome to Rome. I was tickled by Rome's landmark, it was Roman columns made from red bricks. I studied roman architecture to know the columns were Doric.

Nathan's parents Mr. and Mrs. Garner were very friendly and hospitable. They commissioned me to make a pair of shoe's designed for their son's birthday present. Immediately, Nathan came running up to me with his younger brother when I arrived. We all watched as Nathan sat the green box on the living room floor. We waited till Mrs. Garner had her camera. Then, Nathan pulled the lid off the box. I was exhaling the tension within my muscles when he reached inside and lifted a pair of red shoes out of the box. It was like I had forgotten my keys in the house, but only to find I had a spare in my wallet. I was relieved his shoes were still inside the box, as if some magician would try to trick me in a moment of suspense. I saw excitement in his eyes, and I heard awes from everyone in the living room. It was heartwarming to see him wear them. A day of satisfaction for Urban Ronin.

Remember how I mentioned I was prepared to take pictures? When I arrived back to my hideout, I tried posting the pictures I took at the Garner's house. Unfortunately, it wasn't the batteries this time, I forgot to save them on my memory card. How bad is that? Thanks to Mrs. Garner taking photos, she was nice to send me hers instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment